Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ohh first post of the year

Hello to all of the old and new students of Rivercity
I'm not sure if this blog will be destroyed or left as a remnant of a whole year gone....procrastinated I guess. Yet if it still is used I want to ask the first question...if Ned will let me... to bad I'm still an administrator so you have to read my dribble anyway. As of this moment...come on turn...there we go..its Midnight the so called start of Wednesday morning and here is my post....HAZZAH



http://features.csmonitor.com/innovation/2008/09/09/as-massive-atom-smasher-powers-up-big-science-moves-away-from-the-us/

Read that article and let it smash your brain atoms into knowledge and answer this for me...
What will ever happen now that the USA has been...well totally one upped by the UK in High-energy physics? High energy physics involves ripping atoms apart in long long long...14 mile long tubes that they call...Hadron Colliders by the way.
Enjoy
Buggles *waves*

3 comments:

Murphs said...

I think that in terms of physics, it doesn't really matter if anybody is being 'one-upped' because as long as viable research is available, it really belongs to anybody who will put it to use.

Stoicned said...

Word. Global-Body-Of-Knowledge.

And by the way, what are you doing with yourself these days, Mr. Slagle?

Stoicned said...

In defense of our much maligned United States of America, ask yourself this: how many of the physicists working at the large hadron collider were educated at American universities?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Boo-yah