Wednesday, November 28, 2007

'Board 'Em

I don't feel good about endorsing waterboarding, but I'm going to do
it anyway. For all of the reasons you've already listed, in addition to the
fact that it's morally justifiable to torture someone when the lives of others
are at stake, I'll defend waterboarding. That being said, I think the whole
debate is much ado about nothing. Firstly, the people that are being tortured
through waterboarding forfeited any natural rights they may have had when
they took up the cause of death and religious intolerance in the first place.
Secondly, as a means of interrogation, waterboarding isn't the most effective
technique. As any interrogator will tell you, gaining the detainee's trust is
the most important factor in determining the success of an interrogation.
Unfortunately, this takes time and when you don't have that luxury, it is
morally defensible to subject them to waterboarding.

-Ned-

4 comments:

ジョル said...

I entirely agree. First of all, Air Force pilots have to go through waterboarding, so why would it be wrong to subject a terrorist to waterboarding?

The dog lets Brandon bark at noon said...

The question wasnt rather terrorist should be subjected to waterboarding its what are YOUR views on waterboarding and SHOULD we use forms of torture in the United States.

ジョル said...

Well first of all I don't think waterboarding is torture. I think it is perfectly fine fine, in fact, I'd oppose a Attorney General who was against it. THis stuff needs to be done if we want to win wars and such.

Morrison T. said...

well said